In the know:
Mission Statement for the City of CottonwoodInspiring a vibrant community
- The City of Cottonwood strives to maintain a uniquely desirable and sustainable community.
- We are unique because of our people, our grand natural resources, public amenities, leadership, diversity and home town atmosphere.
- We will continue to conserve, preserve and manage our precious resources, including the Verde River and its unique riparian habitat.
- We will enhance our position as the economic center for the Verde Valley, providing retail, medical, education, transportation, recreation and tourism.
- The City of Cottonwood provides leadership and solutions to ensure a prosperous community where a diversity of people and nature thrive.
Our Core Values
- We are Welcoming - Attractive, Beautiful, Caring, Charming, Civil, Comfortable, Friendly, Fun, Generous, Intimate, Inviting, Open, Social, Supportive, Thriving
- We are Vibrant - Active, Burgeoning, Confident, Connected, Cool, Dynamic, Engaging, Enthusiastic, Exceptional, Flourishing, Funky, Hopeful, Quality-Driven, Revitalized, Visionary, Well-known
- We are Diverse - Accepting, Collaborative, Cooperative, Creative, Cultured, Educated, Enlightened, Inclusive, Progressive, Sophisticated, Unique, Worldly
- We are Reliable - Consistent, Dependable, Ethical, Historic, Organized, Productive, Responsible, Service-Oriented, Stable, Trustworthy, Well-Run
- We are Sustainable - Affordable, Connected, Flexible, Forward-Thinking, Inventive, Involved, Knowledgeable, Motivated, Nurturing, Prosperous, Self-Aware, Supportive, Timely, United